SOUND control project will bring together researchers working in surveillance programmes, applied epidemiology, economics and sociology, stakeholders and policy makers from different countries to discuss the requirements and demands for an output-based control measures for cattle diseases.
The project will coordinate, stimulate and assist with initiatives to explore and implement a widely adaptable output-based framework applicable to substantiate the confidence of freedom and cost-effectiveness in current surveillance, control or eradication programmes for non-regulated cattle diseases in the EU. This will allow a standardized and objective comparison of the output of control programmes between different regions, both from the epidemiological and economic perspective.
The work is carried out in five working groups with the following tasks:
- Working Group 1 (WG1) – description of the current control programmes for non-regulated cattle diseases across member states,
- Working Group 2 (WG2) – determination of data needs for an output-based framework and assessment of the available data,
- Working Group 3 (WG3) – assessment of the available mathematical and statistical methods for objective and standardized comparison of control measures,
- Working Group 4 (WG4) – establishment of a joint research agenda focused on the development of methodologies for objective comparison of outputs from different input-based control programmes,
- Working Group 5 (WG5) – dissemination, communication and exploitation of the results of this project.
Start date: 29/10/2018
End date: 28/10/2022